Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Why?

So Jim and I have moved to Manchester. We're living right across the street from Paul, which is great! Because I'd never let a friend go hungry, Paul has been eating a few meals with us. The apartment doesn't have any overhead lighting, so I've had to light a candle at dinner, creating an ambiance that could only be described as a "romantic dinner for three".

I've been getting some good reviews from the local foodies.. namely Paul and Jim. Cooking for my friends has always been one of my favorite things to do! On my birthday, I cook for my friends. For Christmas, I cook for my friends... you get the idea. Now that I'm able to prepare the meals I like, for people I like, in the way that I like, I really want to keep a record of the dinners I make. What better way to do that (and remember the recipes), then to keep them posted here. The bonus is that I can share all of these recipes with you fine folks.

Some of them I've known how to make for years from recipes that have been passed down in my family. Others are personalized and modified versions of some of my all time favorites. The last bunch are recipes that I find that I can't resist but to make and share, giving credit where credit is due, of course.

Enjoy!

No comments: